The Texas Liver Institute understands that proper nutrition is essential to the promotion and maintenance of good health. The Texas Liver Institute offers a wide range of nutrition services for our patients under the leadership of a qualified registered dietitian.
Registered dietitians (RD’s) are food and nutrition experts who translate nutritional science into practical and applicable solutions for healthy living. An RD has completed an accredited supervised practice program, passed a national examination, and obtained a minimum of a bachelor’s degree. RD’s know how to distinguish fact from fiction and are the most credible and reliable source of accurate nutrition information for patients.
WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT FROM MEETING WITH A DIETITIAN?
Initial nutrition counseling sessions are an hour long and may include:
- Assessment of your individual health needs
- Evaluation of your eating and lifestyle habits
- Development of a personalized meal plan
- Strategies for nutrition modification including recipe development, label reading, cooking techniques, grocery shopping, and dining out
- Disease specific recommendations